Thank you for your interest in joining the Anderson Valley Winegrowers Association (AVWA). Our mission is to promote the Anderson Valley as a viticultural area of origin (appellation), for premium quality wines, grapes and grape products. We endeavor to develop a sense of community among association members through friendly and informal social and educational functions, thus fostering a spirit of cooperation among area grape growers and wineries. We encourage and facilitate the sharing of enological and viticultural information among colleagues. All members may benefit from our collective knowledge and experience in the art and technology of the winegrowing craft.
The following organizations are eligible to join the AVWA:
- Wineries who produce at least one wine made from fruit grown in the Anderson Valley appellation.
- Growers who grow grapes in the Anderson Valley appellation.
- Organizations that serve the wineries and growers in the Anderson Valley, such as lodging & dining establishments, and vendors.
Member Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Dedicated administrative and marketing support:
- Inclusion in the AVWA website, with your logo and link to your homepage.
- Listing on our very popular Anderson Valley appellation "Wine Road" Map. AVWA distributes more than 30,000 of these maps each year to local wineries, inns, retailers, visitor centers, the Sonoma County Airport, and is included in the Mendocino Coast Visitors guide with a distribution of 80,000 printed copies.
- Discounted ad space in the Press Democrat weekly ‘Wine Well’ section.
- Representation at consumer and trade events.
- Promotion of member products and services.
- Communication opportunities both within and outside Anderson Valley through monthly Member Newsletters and Association Updates.
- Opportunity to place a Classified Ad to buy/sell/promote grapes/job openings in the AVWA monthly Member Newsletter.
- A central association e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org, handles general inquiries about members & the Valley.
- A representative voice on the Board/Event Committees of Visit Mendocino, and Mendocino WineGrowers, Inc.
- An active social media presence on Facebook and YouTube sharing your posts, activities, and AVWA Festival videos:
- Community & Participation:
- Invitation to all Member Socials (one per month) and General Member Meetings (2 per year).
- Opportunity to participate in the annual Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Festival Technical Conference and Grand Tasting.
- Participation in occasional winemaker dinners.
- Participation when email votes are called for Board of Director elections, and other votes as they come up at General Meetings (2 meetings per year).
- Continued education:
- Educational seminars for both wineries and growers (including but not limited to: Responsible Beverage Service, Trademark and Copyright, Diversity Support Programs, Social Media Workshops, governmental programs, etc.).
- New in 2018: Vineyard Workshops (stay tuned!)
To become a member, please email us at email@example.com for the link to apply.